Heat Pump Rentals
Tips to prep your heat pump for the cold weather:
- Clean your filters. It is important to clean the filters because the heat pump needs good airflow in order to work properly, especially in these cold temperatures. Keeping your filters clean and doing so on a regular basis will keep your system working efficiently all year round.
- Check your heat pump setting: Make sure the heat mode set is turned as well as the fan setting to auto. Make sure the setting is not on energy savings mode.
- Check around the outside compressor. Make sure the outside compressor unit is clear of snow and ice throughout the winter months. It is normal for the entire coil to be covered in a white frost, even light ice, during certain weather conditions.
- Set your inside temperatures. It is recommended to set the heat pump temperature as you would normally and make sure your primarily heating system is set 1 or 2 degrees below. The heat pump will begin to perform and heat your home better when the temperature changes outside.
Instant Home Comfort Without the Upfront Cost.
Our heat pump rental program is an efficient and environmentally friendly way to heat and cool your home. You’ll benefit from instant home comfort without the upfront costs – and you could start saving on your power bill right away. Dollar for dollar, mini-split heat pumps are the best return on investment for greener energy products and energy savings.
With a mini-split ductless heat pump, you can:
- Enjoy home comfort in every season, with air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter
- Save money and contribute to a greener community – our heat pumps are around 300% more efficient than electric baseboards
- Get money back with rebates through NB Power’s Total Home Energy Savings Program