Water Heater FAQs
How do I know if the water heater tanks are leaking?
Signs to watch for:
- Water pooling at base of tank
- Spraying of water from any plumbing connections to the tank
- New rust stains on or around the water heater
- Hissing sound coming from tank
What should I do if the water heater is leaking?
First turn off the cold water supply to the water heater and then turn off the power supply to the water heater. Contact one of our qualified service technicians, who are available to service your tank from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday and 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. on weekends. Please contact us at (506) 658-5252 or toll-free at 1-877-907-5550.
How do I minimize damage?
- Leave adequate clearance around the tank for serviceability and to minimize damage should water spray from a plumbing connection.
- Install all water heaters within six feet of a floor drain so if the tank should leak, the resulting flow of water will not damage nearby property.
What should I do if there is no hot water?
- Check to ensure all water heater fuses / breakers are operable.
- Monitor daily usage to determine if the shortage of hot water is related to a specific event or time of day.
- Check to see if your water heater has started to leak.
Who should I call if all checks prove negative?
Please contact us at (506) 658-5252 or toll-free at 1-877-907-5550. If you are calling during regular business hours, our Consumer Products Department will have a technician dispatched to assist you. If you are calling after hours or weekends, a service call will be forwarded to the technician on duty.